The Innovation for Change (I4C) Hub‘s mission is to empower civil society to defend civic space. With the support of Tides Center, I4C is launching the 3rd edition of the Innovation Fund for Civil Society Organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean that work to strengthen the sector through innovation.
As part of I4C, the Argentine Network for International Cooperation – RACI – opens this new call for proposals to support 3 (three) local, national, and regional organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean, with financial resources – USD 10,000 each – to address challenges related to one of the following areas:
- Promotion of the Enabling Space
- Democracy and Citizen Participation
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Transparency and Accountability
Read the Terms and Conditions to apply
Who can apply?
Only non-profit Civil Society Organizations from Latin America and the Caribbean may apply to become beneficiaries of the Innovation Fund. The Program will not accept proposals from individuals, companies, or governments. Organizations must be legally registered and have a bank account in their name that can accept transfers in U.S. dollars.
What is the timeframe to complete the project, and how much funding is provided?
Projects may last up to 4 months. The Fund will provide up to a maximum of USD 10,000 (ten thousand US dollars) per project. Only one proposal per CSO will be accepted.
The selected CSOs must submit a mid-term progress report and a final report at the end of the project. The provision of funds will be subject to the approval of these reports.
Which activities are not eligible?
– International travel/participation in foreign conferences and lodging.
– Political, religious, or evangelical activities. Religious associations will not be excluded as long as the proposed project meets the objectives of the Fund, does not exclude followers of other religions, and the funds are not used to support proselytizing activities.
– Ongoing or recurring funding of the beneficiary organization’s operating/operational expenses, such as salaries and wages, office supplies, and communications that are not relevant to the project submitted.
RACI will coordinate the application process. It consists of two phases:
Phase 1 – Expression of Interest (EOI)
Interested organizations will submit a concept note (Form 01 – Concept Note), following the steps below:
- Download the document “Form. 01 – Concept Note – Innovation Fund 2022” by clicking here.
- Complete the downloaded document, clearly and not exceeding the space allocated for each category/question.
- Attach the “Form. 01 – Concept Note – Innovation Fund 2022” document in the following Google Forms and complete the Form with the required information.
The deadline for submitting concept notes will be June 26, 6:00 PM, Argentina Standard Time (GMT-3). Projects received after the deadline will not be considered.
Phase 2 – Expanded Application Form
Following reception of applications, RACI will select those projects that meet the criteria and requirements of the fund. Those organizations shortlisted in this phase will be notified by email, and will be invited to participate in the second phase where they will have to submit an Expanded Application Form.
For more information, please refer to our FAQs document. If after reading the document and the terms and conditions you have any questions, you can write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.