The New Zealand Embassy Fund in Mexico is a program that allows flexible support for projects that contribute directly and clearly to the elimination of poverty, and that have a high impact on the socioeconomic development of the community.
Projects must be in line with the mission of the New Zealand Embassy Fund, which seeks “sustainable development in developing countries, with the aim of reducing poverty and contributing to a more secure, equitable and prosperous world”.
For its 2022-2023 call for proposals, the Embassy of New Zealand invites non-governmental organizations and community groups to submit projects in the areas of:
- Climate change and resilience
- LGBTIQ+ community rights
- Community development (particularly indigenous and rural communities and child poverty axis)
- Sustainable agricultural and livestock development
- Education (particularly for girls and women and the revitalization of indigenous languages)
On Monday, September 12th at 12.00PM (Mexico City time) we will be giving an informative webinar to present the bases and conditions of the call for proposals. Register in the following form to participate!
Recipients will be non-governmental organizations and community groups engaged in non-profit development activities. Assistance will not be provided to individuals.
The call is open to organizations in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Dominican Republic, and Cuba.
Duration of Support
Projects must last up to 6 (six) months, and have Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound (SMART) objectives.
Activities NOT eligible for funding
- Political, religious or evangelical activities. Religious associations will not be excluded as long as the proposed project is consistent with the purpose of the Embassy of New Zealand Fund, does not exclude followers of other religions, and the funds are not used to support proselytizing activities.
- Visits to sites unrelated to the project.
- Unsolicited donations or other grants (e.g., using the fund to prepare other proposals, support nominations, etc.).
Individual student scholarships.
- International travel/participation in conferences abroad.
- Ongoing or recurring funding of the recipient organization’s operating/operating expenses, such as salaries and wages, office supplies and communications.
Characteristics of the Fund
- The maximum amount per project will be up to 20,000 NZD or its equivalent in local currency.
- Only one project per organization will be accepted.
- Winning organizations will be required to complete a progress report and a final report. Funding will be provided subject to approval of these reports.
- The New Zealand Embassy may visit the funded projects in coordination with RACI and the implementing organization.
- Projects are expected to start implementation in January 2023.
- Disbursements will be made in 3 (three) payments against delivery of progress and final reports:
- 1st disbursement: 60% against signature of the contract.
- 2nd disbursement: 30% against delivery of the Progress Report.
- 3rd disbursement: 10% against delivery of the Final Report.
The Argentine Network for International Cooperation (RACI) will be in charge of coordinating the application process. It consists of two stages:
1st stage – Expression of Interest (EOI)
Interested organizations must create a user on behalf of the organization in the following platform https://convocatoriasfondonzmx.vform.io/.
Once the user is registered, they will be able to access the application form. Please note that only one person per organization may register.
The period for the reception of concept notes will be open from Thursday, September 8 to Sunday, September 21, 6:00 PM (Mexico City time).
Stage 2 – Expanded Application Form (FAA)
Once the concept notes are received, RACI will make a pre-selection of those projects that meet the criteria and requirements of the fund. Those pre-selected organizations will be notified by email and will be invited to participate in a second stage where they will submit an Expanded Application Form, which must also be completed through the platform.
The reception period for those pre-selected organizations to complete the Expanded Application Form will be open from Wednesday, October 12 to Monday, October 24, 6:00 PM (Mexico City time).
During this period, the RACI team will be available for support to the pre-selected organizations through the platform.
Useful reference materials