Once again, we were honored to hold our annual event at the British Embassy to celebrate the end of the year. We wanted to specially thank the British Ambassador, Kirsty Hayes, and the entire embassy team for hosting us for another year.
During this special evening we were able to share, we had the opportunity to welcome our guests and dedicate a few words to them. First, Guillermo Correa (Executive Director of RACI), welcomed and highlighted the presence of officials of the Nation and the City of Buenos Aires, ambassadors, diplomats, representatives of civil society, companies and our allies.
Later, Marisa Giraldez, General Director of the Food Bank Foundation and outgoing Treasurer of RACI, took the floor. On the one hand, she highlighted the great work of the outgoing committee, as well as the alternates. She also welcomed the incoming committee, as well as the alternates.
In addition, some shared milestones reached during the year were highlighted. Among the latter are:
- We comanage funds by mobilizing USD from civil society organizations.
- We strengthened the capacities of more than 300 people with cycles, webinars and workshops.
- We actively participated in global and regional advocacy spaces to advocate for a stronger civic space.
- Inaugurated the Social Coworking of the Navarro Viola Foundation.
- We coordinated the Innovation for Change hub for Latin America and the Caribbean and were once again selected to host the coordination of AGNA, the Affinity Group of National Associations of CIVICUS
We hope you had a nice evening, as we did, and continue to strengthen networking. Also, we
Invite you to look for yourselves in the photo album we uploaded on RACI’s Facebook page.