The Innovation for Change (I4C) Hub, with the support of Tides Center, has the mission to enable civil society to defend civic space and thus has launched the Innovation Fund for Civil Society Organizations from Latin America and Caribbean that work to strengthen civil society through innovation.
RACI opens this new call for proposals to provide support to an average of 5 (five) local, national and regional organizations from Latin America and the Caribbean, with financial resources – up to USD 10,000 each- to target challenges related to one or more of the following areas:
- Transparency and accountability
- Promoting an enabling environment
The LAC I4C Hub aims to:
- Strengthen and empower LAC region CSOs to protect civic space through seed granting innovative movements and initiatives that creatively tackle community challenges related to i) sustainability; (ii) transparency and accountability; or (iii) promoting an enabling environment.
- Generate innovative practical tools that positively impact community challenges related to i) sustainability; (ii) transparency and accountability; or (iii) promoting an enabling environment to be shared and be made available for replication across I4C LAC and the I4C network.
Who can apply?
Only Non-for-profit Civil Society Organizations can apply to the Innovation Fund. The Program will not accept proposals from individuals, business companies or governments.
How long should the project last and how much funding could be applied?
Projects should last up to 4 (four) months. The Fund will provide up to USD 10,000 per project. Only one proposal per CSO will be accepted.
Selected CSO´s should submit a mid-term progress report and a final report upon completion. Provision of funds will be subjected to the approval of these reports.
What activities will not be funded?
- Travel and accommodation
- Proselytizing or political activities
How to apply
RACI will be responsible for receiving and assessing the applications. To apply, Organizations should:
- Download the application form “Innovation Fund LAC – Application Form”
- Complete the application form. The form should be:
- Clearly written in English or Spanish.
- Accompanied by additional information, budgets, purchase order from suppliers of goods and services (where applicable).
- Signed by a responsible member of the applying organization.
- Attach the “Innovation Fund LAC – Application Form” at the following Google Form link: https://forms.gle/mfo4kYPxsk9RPePX9 and complete with the required information.
The deadline to apply is 26 March 2021 at 6pm (Buenos Aires time). Projects received after that date and time will not be considered for evaluation.
If you have any further question please write to email@example.com