The call for proposals for the fourth edition of the Innovation Fund for Latin America and The Caribbean in now open for applications from organizations from the region. This is an initiative of the Innovation for Change (I4C) Hub whose mission is to empower civil society to defend civic space.
the Innovation for Change (I4C) Hub‘s whose mission is to empower civil society to defend civic space. I4C is launching the Innovation Fund for Civil Society Organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean that work to strengthen the sector through innovation.
As part of I4C, the Argentine Network for International Cooperation – RACI – will coordinate the selection process to support 8 (eight) local, national, and regional organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean, that through innovation work to address challenges related to one of the following areas:
- Promotion of the Enabling Space
- Inclusive democracy and Civic Participation
- Fighting disinformation
- Transparency and Accountability
Selected projects will be financially supported with up to USD 8.000 (eight thousands us dollars)
Read the terms and conditions to apply
Who can apply?
Only non-profit Civil Society Organizations from Latin America and the Caribbean may apply to become beneficiaries of the Innovation Fund. The Program will not accept proposals from individuals, companies, or governments. Organizations must be legally registered and have a bank account in their name that can accept transfers in U.S. dollars.
What is the timeframe to complete the project, and how much funding is provided?
Projects may last up to 4 months. The Fund will provide up to a maximum of USD 8,000 (eight thousand US dollars) per project. Only one proposal per CSO will be accepted.
The selected CSOs must submit a mid-term progress report and a final report at the end of the project. The provision of funds will be subject to the approval of these reports.
Which activities are not eligible?
– International travel/participation in foreign conferences and lodging.
– Political, religious, or evangelical activities. Religious associations will not be excluded, as long as the proposed project meets the objectives of the Fund, does not exclude followers of other religions, and the funds are not used to support proselytizing activities.
– Ongoing or recurring funding of the beneficiary organization’s operating/operational expenses, such as salaries and wages, office supplies, and communications that are not relevant to the project submitted.
RACI will coordinate the application process:
Interested organizations must create an user to log-in in the following online platform https://fondodeinnovacion.vform.io/
Once the registration is completed, the user will be able to access the application form. Please note that only one user per organization will be accepted.
Submission period will be open from Thursday, March 23r until Sunday, April 9t at 11.30 pm (Argentina time).
For more information, you can read the frequent questions document
If after reading the document and the terms and conditions you have doubts, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.