The New Zealand Embassy Fund in Mexico is a program that allows flexible support for projects that clearly and directly contribute to the elimination of poverty, and that have a high impact on the socioeconomic development of the community.
The projects must be in line with the mission of the New Zealand Embassy Fund, which seeks “sustainable development in developing countries, in order to reduce poverty and contribute to a more secure, equitable, and prosperous world.”
For its 2019-2020 call, the New Zealand Embassy invites NGOs and community groups to present project proposals in the areas of:
- Education (particularly of women and indigenous communities)
- Climate change and resilience
- Food security
- Disaster relief
- Community economic development (particularly indigenous and rural communities)
- Sustainable agricultural development
It’s essential that the projects are sustainable and that the beneficiaries are involved in their execution and maintenance.
The call is open for organizations in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, the Dominican Republic, and Cuba.
Recipients will be non-governmental organizations and community groups committed to non-profit development activities. Funding will not be provided to individuals.
Projects must be specific and have duration of up to 6 months.
- Political, religious or evangelical activities. Religious associations will not be excluded as long as the proposed project is consistent with the purpose of the New Zealand Embassy Fund, does not exclude followers of other religions and the funds are not used to support proselytizing activities.
- On-site visits
- Non-requested donations
- Individual student scholarships
- International travels/participation in conferences abroad
- Sporting tours
- Financing of operational costs of the benefited association, such as wages and salaries, office supplies, and communications.
The maximum amount per project will be up to NZD $20,000, or the equivalent in local currency.
The selected projects must complete a partial progress report and a final report.
The payments will be made in 3 (three) installments, as laid out in the following table:
|2nd payment||30% (after delivery of progress report)|
|3rd payment||10% (after delivery of final report)|
Those in charge of the accepted projects must commit to confirm that they have received the goods and/or services requested and that they were used as established in the application form. All funded projects must be available for monitoring by visiting members of the New Zealand Embassy.
The Argentine Network for International Cooperation (RACI) will be responsible for receiving the applications. The Application Form must be sent duly completed to fondoembajadaNZMexico@raci.org.ar before the deadline.
All applications must be submitted as follows:
- Clearly written on the application form; additional information can be attached.
- Accompanied by budgets and purchase orders from suppliers of good and services when necessary.
- The form must be signed by a member responsible for the applicant organization.
- Send it via email to: fondoembajadaNZMexico@raci.org.ar
- Those applications sent after the deadline will be out of the selection process. Only one project per organization will be received.
The deadline to submit the projects is Monday, September 30, 2019 at 6pm (Mexico City time).
For more information, contact:
New Zealand Embassy in Mexico Fund Manager
Telephone: +54 11 4862-5447